OverviewThe Aeneid is a story of refugees migrating across the Mediterranean, and Book 3 is at the heart of this story. Aeneas dramatically recounts to Queen Dido the tale of his people's journey to Carthage from the sacked city of Troy. In writing this tale Vergil drew on a wide range of ancient literature, which this edition richly illustrates in an extensive Appendix. A lucid introduction sets the poem and the poet in their literary and historical context, and a detailed commentary offers both generous help on linguistic details and an incisive exploration of the poet's artistry that will be of value to new and old readers alike.
- control of government action: text, cases and commentary
- australian constitutional law and theory: commentary and materials 6th edition
- tax kit 3 2018 9780455240855
- criminal laws: materials and commentary on criminal law and process in nsw 6th edition
- criminal laws: materials and commentary on criminal law and process of nsw 6th edition