OverviewAbout the series The Access to History series is the most popular and trusted series for advanced level history students, offering: - Authoritative, engaging and accessible content - Comprehensive coverage of the AS and A level history specifications - Design features, study guides and web support to help students achieve exam success. About the book In 1900 China was politically undeveloped and economically exploited by western colonial powers. Over the next fifty turbulent years it had rejected its imperial past, welcomed republicanism, survived Japanese occupation, witnessed civil war and embraced a Marxist revolution. These extraordinary developments are examined in this book which combines a factual narrative with up-to-date analysis of the events. Throughout the book, key dates, terms and issues are highlighted, and historical interpretations of key debates are outlined. Summary diagrams are included to consolidate knowledge and understanding of the period, and exam-style questions and tips written by examiners provide the opportunity to develop exam skills.
- bill bryson a short history
- the technique of film and video editing history theory and practice 9780240813974
- from the gracchi to nero a history of rome 133 bc to ad 68
- give me liberty! an american history 5e seagull volume 2
- taking sides clashing views in united states history volume 2 reconstruction to the present