· NEW Prepare yourself to work with and educate the youngest children. Infant/Toddler coverage is now featured throughout the text, preparing student teachers who work with young children, 0-3 years of age. The unique issues and the programs applicable for this age group are addressed and articulated more in this revision. Headings and sections about infants, toddlers, and twos have been added in Chapters 3, 5, 6, and 8.
· NEW Learn how to adapt instruction to students with exceptional needs and atypical development, observed in 10-15% of today’s student population. This edition alerts student teachers to the types of behaviors they will encounter, teaching strategies to readily use in the classroom, and program implications. Special Needs sections have been added in Chapters 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9.
· NEW Prepare yourself to discuss and face any ethical dilemma that may arise in your teaching experience. This edition features Ethical Dilemmas embedded in chapter content. These special features will enable student teachers to better understand the importance of developing and using both a professional code of ethics and high personal behavior standards when working with children, family, and staff. Every chapter now includes an ethical dilemma about a topic relevant to chapter content, appearing in the margins.
· NEW Learn how to better implement and develop curriculum for teaching young children. The chapter on curriculum has been thoroughly updated and expanded, taking into consideration the special challenges novice teachers face when trying to master these skills.
· NEW Focused reading guides help prepare student teachers to tackle new concepts and applications. Student Learning Outcomes have been added at the beginning of each chapter to aid reader focus, preparing them to take on the content and applications to be addressed in each chapter. These new outcomes will not only situate and sort new concepts before reading begins, but will be incorporated into the Test Bank and Instructor’s Manual for teaching ideas as well.
· NEW Easily identify your program type and learn about the wide-range of programs that serve young children in the field of early childhood education. A revamped description of the various ECE Programs, previously described in a workbook-like structure in the first edition, is now described in detail in Chapter 1 of this new edition.
· NEW Instructor support material includes a newly added Online Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank, Chapter Outline from which to lecture, and Suggestions for teaching the content for each chapter is now offered to adopters of the text.
- positive learning environments creating and maintaining productive classrooms 9780170372923
- best accounting books for small business
- best books on personal finance and investing
- teaching humanities and social sciences: history, geography, economics & citizenship in the australian curriculum
- books to learn finance