Modern engineering processes and tasks are highly complex, multi- and interdisciplinary, requiring the cooperative effort of different specialists from engineering, mathematics, computer science and even social sciences. Optimization methodologies are fundamental instruments to tackle this complexity, giving the possibility to unite synergistically team membersÃ¢Â€Â™ inputs and thus decisively contribute to solving new engineering technological challenges. With this context in mind, the main goal of Engineering Optimization 2014 is to unite engineers, applied mathematicians, computer and other applied scientists working on research, development and practical application of optimization methods applied to all engineering disciplines, in a common scientific forum to present, analyze and discuss the latest developments in this area.
Engineering Optimization 2014 contains the edited papers presented at the 4th International Conference on Engineering Optimization (ENGOPT2014, Lisbon, Portugal, 8-11 September 2014). ENGOPT2014 is the fourth edition of the biennial Ã¢Â€ÂœInternational Conference on Engineering OptimizationÃ¢Â€Â. The first conference took place in 2008 in Rio de Janeiro, the second in Lisbon in 2010 and the third in Rio de Janeiro in 2012.
The contributing papers are organized around the following major themes:
- Numerical Optimization Techniques
- Design Optimization and Inverse Problems
- Effi cient Analysis and Reanalysis Techniques
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Industrial Applications
- Topology Optimization For Structural Static and Dynamic Failures
- Optimization in Oil and Gas Industries
- New Advances in Derivative-Free Optimization Methods for Engineering Optimization
- Optimization Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering
- Optimization of Laminated Composite Materials
- Inverse Problems in Engineering
Engineering Optimization 2014 will be of great interest to engineers and academics in engineering, mathematics and computer science.