Environmental Law in Australia provides a clear and authoritative discussion of the fundamental principles underpinning all environmental initiatives. The author explains how the involvement of the law adds value to the design and implementation of environmental policy, providing an impartial process for resolving conflicts about breaches of the law and environmental decision-making.
The ninth edition has been fully revised and extensively updated to cover all relevant new developments in policy, case law and legislation, such as the introduction of national biosecurity legislation, updates on international case law relating to whales and climate litigation, new material on mining and coal seam gas, new case law on public interest litigation, criminal prosecutions and review of environmental decision-making. Significant developments also include:
• a new chapter on the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth)
• a new chapter on waste and contaminated lands
• new material on practical approaches to implementing principles of sustainable development
• amendments to the chapter on climate and energy following the repeal of clean energy legislation
The book is designed for undergraduate and postgraduate students of law, environmental science, environmental management and environmental economic disciplines, enabling readers to approach any environmental law with a clear understanding of how it is intended to work and how it will be interpreted. It is also a valuable resource for non-government organisations, public servants, corporate officers and other practitioners.
Online Updates To ensure readers stay abreast of ongoing developments in this dynamic area of law, the text is supported by online text updates available to readers at: http://campus.lexisnexis.com.au/
• Comprehensive coverage of fundamental environmental law principles
• Authoritative, experienced author
• Equips readers with a clear understanding of the law to apply to problems in practice
• Regular online updates
Gullet, Schofield & Vince, Marine Resources Management, 2010
Jessup, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Environmental Law, 2011