Good Housekeeping The Amazing Soup Diet
Publication Date 21 Aug 2012
OverviewEat as much as you want . . . and lose 20 pounds fast!
Bonus: The meals are hearty, delicious--and ready in 20 minutes! You won't believe it's a diet! Lose weight while dining deliciously on bowl after bowl of rich, varied, stew--like soups-from sausage- and rice-filled jambalaya to cheese-laced minestrone with pasta and beans. Good Housekeeping makes it so easy: even though each soup tastes totally different from the next, they are all built from the same basic recipe. Just start with the Hearty Vegetable Soup recipe and add a few ingredients each night to create a wonderful new main course. And to make things even simpler, there's an entire meal plan with an appetizing variety of breakfasts and lunches, along with a full range of dinners. Soup is at the heart of these menus, which feature recipe variations from star chefs, including Emeril Lagasse, Lidia Bastianich, Michael Chiarello, Ming Tsai, Dean Fearing, Madhur Jaffrey, and Don Pintabona. In addition, there's advice on storing the soup and dining out, plus a complete shopping list.
As always, all these recipes were triple-tested for success in Good Housekeeping's renowned test kitchens. Soup's on! Here are just a few delicious soups to try:
- Hearty Vegetable-only 45 calories a cup!
- Mexican Chicken
- Southwest Chili
- Greek Fish Stew
- Emeril Lagasse's Creole Super Soup
- Lidia Bastianich's Mussel Super Soup and Lentil--and her Rice Super Soup
- Michael Chiarello's Napa-Style Minestrone Super Soup
- Ming Tsai's Hot-and-Sour Super Soup
- Dean Fearing's Southwestern Super Soup
- Madhur Jaffrey's Far Eastern Super Soup
- Don Pintabona's Italian Super Soup--and his Oriental Super Soup