OverviewMarkov chains and hidden Markov chains have applications in many areas of engineering and genomics. This book provides a basic introduction to the subject by first developing the theory of Markov processes in an elementary discrete time, finite state framework suitable for senior undergraduates and graduates. The authors then introduce semi-Markov chains and hidden semi-Markov chains, before developing related estimation and filtering results. Genomics applications are modelled by discrete observations of these hidden semi-Markov chains. This book contains new results and previously unpublished material not available elsewhere. The approach is rigorous and focused on applications.
- business model generation a handbook for visionaries game changers and challengers 9780470876411
- introduction to brain & behavior & launchpad for introduction to brain and behavior 5th edition
- essential epidemiology an introduction for students and health professionals 9781107529151
- an introduction to language 9780170386807
- introduction to geographic information systems