· Undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing students
· TAFE Diploma of Nursing students
· Bachelor Biomedical Science students
· Bachelor Paramedicine students
· Bachelor Pharmacy students
· Master of Nursing Science students
Understanding Pathophysiology, 2nd Edition has been extensively revised to include the most current science, clinical case material and pharmacology of pathophysiology, in an easy-to-understand and accessible format.
Beginning with essential concepts, the text examines the normal structure and function of each body system, followed by the alterations to that system caused by disease. Conditions particularly relevant to children and to the ageing are described in separate sections in each chapter to demonstrate disease processes across the life span.
Evolve Resources provides extensive support materials:
· Answer guide to focus on learning questions and case studies
· Image collection
· Instructor's manual
· PowerPoint presentations
· Web links
· Test Bank
· Algorithm competition exercises
· Critical thinking questions
· Key terms (matching activity)
· Web links
· Concept maps - demonstrating key concepts addressed in each chapter
· Focus on Learning boxes, summarizing the key points in each chapter
· Australian and New Zealand clinical terminology
· Current health statistics to assist with the identification of conditions with the highest incidence, prevalence and relevance in our communities
· Expert contributors who provide both scientific and clinical knowledge
· End-of-chapter review questions with answers available via Evolve.
New to this Edition
· Research in Focus boxes highlight scientific research, which has the potential to impact clinical practice
· New chapters devoted to the ageing population and their pathophysiological alterations
· New sections on Contemporary Health Issues, including stress, mental illness obesity and diabetes
· New chapter on Indigenous Health Issues in New Zealand
· More than 70 new and revised clinical case studies.
Known for its clear explanations of drug prototypes and how they work, Lehne's Pharmacology for Nursing Care, 9th Edition provides a solid understanding of key drugs and their implications for nursing care. A perennial student favorite, this book simplifies complex concepts, using large and small print to distinguish need-to-know drug content from the material that's merely nice to know. New to this edition are quick-reference summaries of prototype drugs, safety alerts, and a stronger QSEN focus. Written by noted nursing pharmacology instructors Jacqueline Burchum and Laura Rosenthal, this text helps you understand pharmacology as opposed to merely memorizing drug facts.
UNIQUE! Engaging writing style with clear explanations makes difficult pharmacology concepts easy to grasp and even enjoyable to learn.
Large print highlights essential, need-to-know information, and small print indicates nice-to-know information.
A drug prototype approach focuses on one representative drug within each drug family that characterizes all members of its group, so that you can apply your understanding to related drugs currently on the market as well as drugs that will be released in the future.
Nursing implications of drug therapy are integrated throughout the text and summarized at the end of chapters, demonstrating the vital relationship between drug therapy and nursing care.
Reader-friendly features make learning easier with concise drug summary tables, chapter outlines, key points, and a visual guide to the prototype drugs in each class.
Learning resources on an Evolve companion website include video clips, animations, case studies, and NCLEX® exam-style review questions.
Coverage of dietary supplements and herbal remedies describes potential dangerous interactions between prescribed and over-the-counter drugs and dietary supplements.
New to this Edition
NEW! QSEN focus includes Patient-Centered Care Across the Life Span features highlighting safe and appropriate patient care during different phases of life.
NEW Safety Alert features emphasize the QSEN competency relating to patient safety.
NEW! Prototype Drugs features serve as a quick-reference aid to learning.
NEW! Chapter outlines include page numbers to help you locate topics quickly.
UPDATED Special Interest Topic boxes use engaging vignettes to focus on emerging and currently trending issues in pharmacology.
NEW authors continue Dr. Lehne's clear, unique writing style, with the same accuracy and state-of-the-science updates.