OverviewPolice & Society offers an in-depth and analytical look at the process of policing, from police behavior and organization to operations and historical perspectives. Focusing on the relationship between the police and the community and how it has changed throughout the years, the authors explore the most important theoretical foundations and incisive research on contemporary policing and show how that research is put into practice. Now in its sixth edition, this unique text incorporates expanded coverage of police technology, homeland security, privacy and surveillance, immigration, and evidence-based practices and includes the most current scholarship. A new companion website (www.oup.com/us/roberg) features an online student study guide, animated flashcards, and self-quizzes.
- contemporary police practice
- intentional interviewing and counseling: facilitating client development in a multicultural society
- society and culture textbook
- beyond the veil, revised edition: male-female dynamics in modern muslim society
- australian custom select accounting fundamentals in society for university of wollongong