This Pearson Original is suited to Teaching, Education and Community Services courses including units like:
1. Australian Stories
2. Communication Projects in Sustainable Development
3. International Service Learning
4. Languages in Educational and Community Settings
5. Students in Free Enterprise
6. Video Production
7. Newly arrived Immigrant Support Group
This book aims at making students reflect on service learning and how they can build knowledge through experiences of working within a community. It links learning through 3 facets: teaching and learning about, for and with service learning.
The Service Learning Handbook seeks to provide students with a teaching and learning approach that integrates community service with academic study to enrich learning, teach civic responsibility and strengthen communities.