Social Representations in the 'Social Arena' presents key theoretical issues and extensive empirical research using different theoretical and methodological approaches to consider the value of social representation theory when social representations are examined in real world contexts.
This comprehensive text brings together international experts to explore the relevance of a variety of applications of social representation theory in both institutional and organizational settings, and discusses how social representation theory compares with other constructs of social psychology. Areas covered include:
justice leadership health and mental illness intergroup relations identity politics environment and tourism economics.
This book will appeal to a range of academic researchers and practitioners from a variety of fields who are concerned with the application of social representation theory to various contexts as a heuristic tool for addressing and understanding relevant societal issues faced with 'social demand'.
- corporate governance and social responsibility
- values and ethics in social work
- evidence informed practice for social work
- teaching humanities and social sciences: history, geography, economics & citizenship in the australian curriculum
- the road to social work and human service practice 9780170380072