1. Give an example of how you would consult with your team members when planning roles, responsibilities, goals, plans and objectives.
2. How can you promote team cohesion and facilitate team cohesion?
3. As a frontline manager, you need to encourage your team to take responsibility for their own work. How could you encourage this?
4. Give an example of how you could provide feedback to your team members.
5. Describe the benefits of providing feedback to team members.
6. If there are any issues, concerns or problems identified by team members, you may need to refer to relevant persons as required. Give an example of a person you may need to consult.
7. What is the role of a frontline manager and how does their role affect the work team?
8. Describe what outcomes, outputs and key performance indicators may refer to.
9. How could an organisation provided support for team members in meeting their expected performance outcomes?
10. Outline three (3) strategies that could be used to ensure team members have an input into planning, decision making and operational aspects of the work team.
11. What type of policies and procedures may be referred to make sure the team members take responsibility for their own work?
12. Identify at least three (3) employee performance problems that may occur.
13. Describe some work behaviours that may result in performance problems. Give at least four (4) examples:
14. Stakeholders will make judgement calls on professionalism and acceptability of an organisation. Give at least three (3) examples of who a stakeholder may include.
15. Describe the role of the manager and a team leader.
16. Describe some good communications strategies managers may need to use with team members. Give at least four (4) examples.
17. Give at least three (3) examples of what can be used to ensure information flowing from management to team managers/leaders to be received in an efficient way.
18. Describe strategies managers or team leaders could use to empower employees and promote team performance. Include at least two in your answer.
19. Discuss why it is important for management to communicate unresolved issues or concerns raised by team members.
20. Outline strategies that may be helpful in resolving employee or work related problems.
21. Explain the process of mediation. When may mediation be used?
22. Describe how managers and team leaders can develop an accurate understanding of unresolved issues before they escalate into larger ones.