3) Why is it important to sleep babies on their back and not on their tummy or side?
4) Complete the following sentences:
Back is to
Tummy is to
Sit it is to
5) Why is tummy time important for babies development?
6) List 3 strategies that will ensure baby’s face remains uncovered
7) Why is it important to keep baby free from smoke before and after birth?
8) How do you provide a safe sleeping environment day and night?
9) Why is it important to ensure the mattress fits the cot?
10) What is the Australian safety standard code for cots?
11) What is the maximum gap allowed between a cot and the mattress?
12) What is the recommended number of months for babies to remain in the same room as their primary care giver in their own safe sleeping environment?
13) What is sharing a sleep surface with a baby not safe?
14) Who is most at risk of SUDI when sharing a sleep surface?
15) List the benefits of safe wrapping
16) What are the recommended fabrics for wrapping?
17) Who can you talk to about reducing the risks of SUDI?
18) Identify 6 strategies used to reduce the risk of SUDI