Zookal
Zookal

We’d love to hear any feedback or comment from you!

© 2011-2021 Zookal Pty Ltd

View question and answer

From our collection of questions and answers
Science · Chemistry
Question details

Problem 2 Flood of Suds One-Day Laundry Services, Inc. uses the following process to clean shirts. The shirts are soaked in an agitated tub containing Whizzo (Wh0, the Wonder Detergent. After soaking the tub is drained and the shirts are wrung out (squeezed and sent to a rinse stage to remove the residual detergent (not shown. The drained fluid containing dirty Whizzo is sent to a filter in which most of the dirt is removed, and the cleaned detergent is recycled back to join a stream of pure Whizzo, with the combined stream serving as the feed to the washtub. Wh Dirty shirts Clean shirts AGITATED Pure Wh 97% Wh TUB 87% Wh 8% Wh FILTER Recycled Wh You have collected the following data on the process: Each 100.0 lbm of dirty shirts contains 2.0 lbmof dirt. The overall washing process removes 95% by mass of the dirt from the shirts For each 100. lbm of dirty shirts, 25.0 lbm of Whizzo leaves with the clean shirts, of which 22.0 lbm is wrung back into the tub. The detergent that enters the tub contains 97.0 wt% Whizzo. EGR 110-01 S17 The dirty detergent that enters the filter contains 87.0 wt% Whizzo. The wet dirt that leaves the filter contains 8.0 wt% Whizzo. a) How much pure Whizzo must be supplied for every 100. lbm of dirty shirts? b What is the composition of the recycled stream? Give the wt% of each component.

Answer
Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.

Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.Find step-by-step answers from expert tutors to questions asked by students like you. Start 14-day free trial.