Part 2 - Develop a menu for these 2 children for one day that meets their family requests, the children’s allergies and likes that demonstrate healthy food choices – include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Ensure you cover all food groups.
What NQS standard and element needs to be considered when developing menus for children?
Identify how your menu meets the daily recommendations for healthy eating by giving an example from each of these following documents:
- Dietary Guidelines for Children and Adolescents in Australia
- Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
- Get Up and Grow: Healthy Eating and Physical Activity for Early Childhood resources
Use the following documents to assist you with answering these questions:
· National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care
· National Quality Standard NQS
· The Early Years Learning Framework EYLF
· Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework VEYLDF
· Developmental milestones
· Service Nutrition policy
· Australian Guide to healthy eating https://www.eatforhealth.gov.au/guidelines/australian-guide-healthy-eating