Students must complete this assessment task making reference to the following:
· National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care
· National Quality Standards
· Belonging, Being, and Becoming, The early years Learning Framework for Australia
· Victorian early Years Learning and Development Framework
· Developmental milestones and the Early Years Learning Framework
· Developmental Milestones for the National Quality Standards.
· Service philosophy, policies and procedures
1. Give an example of how the Education and Care Services National Regulations inform your work practices
2. Identify two relevant legal documents that guide our work with children and families. Give an example of how each of these documents supports and upholds the rights of others.
3. Currently in Victoria Early Childhood services can use either of the Approved Learning Frameworks – EYLF, VEYLDF and MTOP. Review these documents and answer the follow questions:
A. What early childhood services do they currently relate to / cover?
B. What are the differences between the EYLF, VEYLDF and the MTOP?
C. What are the benefits of having a learning framework for educators, children and families, services and the sector?
5. List the five principles of the Early Years Learning Framework – Belonging, Being & Becoming (EYLF)
6. List the eight practices of the Early Years Learning Framework- Belonging, Being and Becoming (EYLF)
7. List the eight practice principles of the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF)