Teaching in Post-14 Education & Training provides a skilfully balanced mix of essential theory and practical guidance to support you if you are studying an ‘education and training’ qualification. It covers fundamental background information such as key philosophies and concepts, current policy and practice, key thinkers and ideas, and includes a useful chronology. More importantly it also provides the tools to help you approach the classroom with confidence, covering fundamental issues such as teaching and learning, assessment, resources, and course design. Through its pedagogical features the book also offers you opportunities to pause and reflect, as well as practical exercises, templates and examples of student work.
Key features of this new edition include:
• Links to the latest Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers
• Updating of the legislative and policy context
• Supporting learning with technology
• Planning for equality and diversity
• Embedding language and literacy
This is the definitive textbook on teaching, learning and assessment for those training to work in the post-14 sector.