Australian Commercial Law 32e
Publication Date 8 Dec 2018
OverviewEach chapter in this 32nd edition of Australian Commercial Law has been updated to incorporate legislative and case law developments since the last edition. Extensive rewriting has been undertaken to enhance the readability of the text. Significant changes in this new edition include:
- A new summary at the end of each chapter.
- A new chapter on Personal Property (Ch 14).
- Two significant High Court contract decisions, Simic v New South Wales Land and Housing Corp (2016) (on rectification) and Thorne v Kennedy (2017) (on undue influence and unconscionability), are discussed in Consent of Parties (Ch 7).
- Competition Law (Ch 18) incorporates the Competition and Consumer Amendment (Competition Policy Review) Act 2017 (Cth), which has introduced the concept of concerted practices and removed the prohibitions of exclusionary provisions and anti-competitive disclosures of information from the legislation. The Competition and Consumer Amendment (Misuse of Market Power)
- Act 2017 (Cth) has repealed and replaced the prohibition of misuse of market power.