Valuing a Business, 6th Edition: The Analysis and Appraisal of Closely Held Companies
2 Aug 2019
Pratt, Shannon P.; Grabowski, Roger J.
The go-to valuation guide for more than 30 years has been updated with need-to-know information about taxes, financial reporting, compliance, and more
When it was first published in 1981, Valuing a Business set a new standard in business publishing. Now in its sixth edition, this landmark guide is essential for anyone involved in business valuation—from CEOs, accountants, and lawyers to judges, financial planners, and small-business owners.
Covering both the concepts of business valuation and practices for doing it right, this is by far the most comprehensive book on the subject. Valuing a Business, Sixth Edition provides detailed answers to virtually every question on the topic, ranging from executive compensation and lost profits analysis to ESOP issues and valuation discounts. Updates include:
* Hundreds of new court decisions shedding new light on aspects of valuation
* Checklists for reviewing reports—perfect for practitioners and attorneys
* Risk-measurement methods for estimating cost of capital
* Data sources for estimating discounts for lack of control, liquidity, and marketability
* New chapters on fairness opinions/solvency opinions and valuation of REITs