Valuing a Business, 6th Edition: The Analysis and Appraisal of Closely Held Companies
2 Aug 2019
Pratt, Shannon P.; Grabowski, Roger J.
The go-to valuation guide for more than 30 years has been updated with need-to-know information about taxes, financial reporting, compliance, and more
When it was first published in 1981, Valuing a Business set a new standard in business publishing. Now in its sixth edition, this landmark guide is essential for anyone involved in business valuationâ€”from CEOs, accountants, and lawyers to judges, financial planners, and small-business owners.
Covering both the concepts of business valuation and practices for doing it right, this is by far the most comprehensive book on the subject. Valuing a Business, Sixth Edition provides detailed answers to virtually every question on the topic, ranging from executive compensation and lost profits analysis to ESOP issues and valuation discounts. Updates include:
* Hundreds of new court decisions shedding new light on aspects of valuation
* Checklists for reviewing reportsâ€”perfect for practitioners and attorneys
* Risk-measurement methods for estimating cost of capital
* Data sources for estimating discounts for lack of control, liquidity, and marketability
* New chapters on fairness opinions/solvency opinions and valuation of REITs